HUDA to enforce energy efficiency norms in new buildings
Chandigarh: The Haryana Urban Development
Authority (HUDA) will enforce the Energy Conservation
Building Code (ECBC) in its new buildings to minimise the use
of energy, a HUDA spokesperson said Monday.
The official said the provisions of ECBC will also apply
on other urban developers. The intent and purpose of the
exercise is to minimise the energy wastage by making building
HUDA`s decision follows the Central Government?s decision
to enforce provisions of the ECBC code at central and state
government level, with suitable amendments warranted by local
circumstances and requirements.
The code is applicable to all buildings and complexes
that have a connected load of 500 KW and more, or a
contract demand of 600 KVA and more.
The HUDA has decided that it would henceforth ask parties
submitting plans for buildings that fall within the scope
of the code, to obtain certification from the Bureau of Energy
Efficiency (BEE) prior to submission of their drawings to HUDA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore