HUDA to enforce energy efficiency norms in new buildings
Chandigarh: The Haryana Urban Development
Authority (HUDA) will enforce the Energy Conservation
Building Code (ECBC) in its new buildings to minimise the use
of energy, a HUDA spokesperson said today.
The official said the provisions of ECBC will also apply
on other urban developers. The intent and purpose of the
exercise is to minimise the energy wastage by making building
HUDA`s decision follows the Central Government’s decision
to enforce provisions of the ECBC code at central and state
government level, with suitable amendments warranted by local
circumstances and requirements.
The code is applicable to all buildings and complexes
that have a connected load of 500 KW and more, or a
contract demand of 600 KVA and more.
The HUDA has decided that it would henceforth ask parties
submitting plans for buildings that fall within the scope
of the code, to obtain certification from the Bureau of Energy
Efficiency (BEE) prior to submission of their drawings to HUDA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?