Huge quantity of weapons seized in Ambala
Ambala: Three days after seizing five kg of
RDX that were suspected to have been meant for terror acts in
Delhi, the special task force of Haryana police on Saturday night
recovered a huge quantity of weapons from a vehicle near a
village on Ambala-Chandigarh road.
A team led by Sub inspector Rajbir Singh arrested five
persons identified as Mukesh, Ramphal, Sultan, Rajender and
Dharmender, who are belongto Jind and Jhajjar districts of
Haryana, in connection with the weapons, police said.
Rajbir Singh was checking vehicles on Ambala-Chandigarh
road at Kalka Chowk this evening when he got the information
that a vehicle was stationed near Saddopur and the occupants
were having huge quantity of fire arms.
Rajbir immediately rushed there, made a thorough search
of the car and recovered one 9 mm carbine, four 9 mm pistols,
two country-made pistols of 315 bore, two magazines, nine
cartridges of 315 bore pistols and 50 cartridges of 9 mm
Baldev Nagar police station arrested all the 5 persons
and registered a case against them under relevant sections of
the IPC and the Arms Act Police and said they were being
Three days ago, the Ambala and Delhi police had in a
joint operation recovered five kg of RDX from a car which was
stationed in the parking at Ambala Cantonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter