IAS officer Ashok Khemka transferred again
Chandigarh: Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who had kicked up a political storm alleging irregularities in land deals involving businessman Robert Vadra and DLF, was on Thursday again transferred by Haryana government for the second time in nearly six months.
Khemka, at present managing director, Haryana Seeds Development Corporation, has been posted as secretary, Haryana Archives relieving Vikas Yadav of the charge, an official release said here.
During his 21-year-long career, 47-year-old Khemka has been transferred over 40 times.
While no reasons were cited in the statement, sources said that the whistleblower bureaucrat had raised hackles over his decisions on postings and disciplinary action against employees of the Corporation.
Khemka was shifted from the Director General Consolidation of Land Holdings and Land Records-cum-Inspector General of Registration to the Seed Development Corporation in October last year shortly after he initiated a probe into the land dealings between Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, and realty giant DLF.
After cancelling the mutation of the land deal, Khemka had alleged that he had received a number of threat calls.
Four Haryana deputy commissioners conducted inquiry into the deals after Khemka`s order and gave a clean chit to Vadra saying that there was no "undervaluation" or loss of revenue to the government in the land deals involving him in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees