IAS officer Ashok Khemka transferred again
Chandigarh: Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who had kicked up a political storm alleging irregularities in land deals involving businessman Robert Vadra and DLF, was on Thursday again transferred by Haryana government for the second time in nearly six months.
Khemka, at present managing director, Haryana Seeds Development Corporation, has been posted as secretary, Haryana Archives relieving Vikas Yadav of the charge, an official release said here.
During his 21-year-long career, 47-year-old Khemka has been transferred over 40 times.
While no reasons were cited in the statement, sources said that the whistleblower bureaucrat had raised hackles over his decisions on postings and disciplinary action against employees of the Corporation.
Khemka was shifted from the Director General Consolidation of Land Holdings and Land Records-cum-Inspector General of Registration to the Seed Development Corporation in October last year shortly after he initiated a probe into the land dealings between Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, and realty giant DLF.
After cancelling the mutation of the land deal, Khemka had alleged that he had received a number of threat calls.
Four Haryana deputy commissioners conducted inquiry into the deals after Khemka`s order and gave a clean chit to Vadra saying that there was no "undervaluation" or loss of revenue to the government in the land deals involving him in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata