IAS officer Ashok Khemka transferred again
Chandigarh: Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who had kicked up a political storm alleging irregularities in land deals involving businessman Robert Vadra and DLF, was on Thursday again transferred by Haryana government for the second time in nearly six months.
Khemka, at present managing director, Haryana Seeds Development Corporation, has been posted as secretary, Haryana Archives relieving Vikas Yadav of the charge, an official release said here.
During his 21-year-long career, 47-year-old Khemka has been transferred over 40 times.
While no reasons were cited in the statement, sources said that the whistleblower bureaucrat had raised hackles over his decisions on postings and disciplinary action against employees of the Corporation.
Khemka was shifted from the Director General Consolidation of Land Holdings and Land Records-cum-Inspector General of Registration to the Seed Development Corporation in October last year shortly after he initiated a probe into the land dealings between Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, and realty giant DLF.
After cancelling the mutation of the land deal, Khemka had alleged that he had received a number of threat calls.
Four Haryana deputy commissioners conducted inquiry into the deals after Khemka`s order and gave a clean chit to Vadra saying that there was no "undervaluation" or loss of revenue to the government in the land deals involving him in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city