IAS officer Khemka raises objections to HCS officer`s posting
Chandigarh: Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who recently hogged headlines for cancelling the mutation of a land deal between businessman Robert Vadra`s company and DLF, has now raised objections to the transfer of a state civil services officer (HCS) to a post citing "conflict of interest" and cadre issue.
"A person who was in their employment cannot reasonably be assumed to be fair while dealing with his ex-masters in the discharge of his official duties," he said in his letter to Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
The letter refers to the state government`s orders dated November 23 through which Haryana Civil Services officer Vivek Atray was given the charge of Joint Secretary, Information Technology Department.
However, the state government in a revised order the following day gave Atray the charge of Deputy Secretary of the same department.
Atray declined to comment to Khemka`s letter saying it was the prerogative of the state government to post him to any post.
Official sources said that UPSC has cleared the name of Atray for promotion to IAS from the Haryana Cadre and the notification of the same is expected soon.
In the letter handed by Khemka to the Chief Minister`s Office yesterday, the senior IAS officer opposed Atray`s posting in IT department after his (Atray) "employment" in two private companies related to IT sector for two years.
Atray had served as director, Information Technology in the Chandigarh administration earlier and had dealt with consulting companies including KPMG and Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC) in his official capacity, Khemka mentions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel
- Hours-long attack on Kabul American university kills sixteen
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat
- How does smoke effect clouds in terms of climate? NASA flies to Africa to find out!