IGNOU brings education to Haryana prison`s inmates
Chandigarh: Indira Gandhi National Open
University (IGNOU) will help inmates of a jail in Haryana
complete their graduation in various disciplines.
Under trials and other prisoners at the Neemka jail in
Faridabad district will be provided books and other reading
material by the university to pursue BA, BCom and other
degrees, a jail spokesman said.
The prisoners will be able to complete their studies
in jail. The education will help them after their term is
completed, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB