Implement Swaminathan report, amend Hindu Marriage Act: Khaps
Jind(Har): A khap panchayat organised at Kandela in the district on Monday demanded from Centre to implement recommendations of Swaminathan Commission report and amend Hindu Marriage Act.
Speaking to media after the panchayat, Kandela khap head Tekram said BJP has promised to accept recommendations of Swaminathan Commission report on agriculture in its election manifesto and now when it was in power, it must accept the demand.
Tekram also demanded amendments to Hindu Marriage Act, so that same-gotra and same-village marriages could be declared null and void.
The khap panchayat wrote letters to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh in this regard.
The khap members also threatened to start a nation-wide agitation from November if their demands were not met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?