Implement Swaminathan report, amend Hindu Marriage Act: Khaps
Jind(Har): A khap panchayat organised at Kandela in the district on Monday demanded from Centre to implement recommendations of Swaminathan Commission report and amend Hindu Marriage Act.
Speaking to media after the panchayat, Kandela khap head Tekram said BJP has promised to accept recommendations of Swaminathan Commission report on agriculture in its election manifesto and now when it was in power, it must accept the demand.
Tekram also demanded amendments to Hindu Marriage Act, so that same-gotra and same-village marriages could be declared null and void.
The khap panchayat wrote letters to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh in this regard.
The khap members also threatened to start a nation-wide agitation from November if their demands were not met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it