In a sister act, minors escape from child marriage
Rewari (Har): A bold 18-year-old girl has
saved her two younger sisters from entering into wedlock in
their school days.
Their father Chhotu Ram of Kanhora village, 30 kms from
here, had arranged their marriage with three brothers at
Subbasedi village, near Bawal, a government official said.
However, Maniksha, the eldest of the three, did not want
her younger siblings to get married along with her on this
Friday and approached authorities on November 9 against their
Fifteen-year-old Rekha and Bhateri (12) are school
The District Protection and Child Marriage Prohibition
Officer, Neelam Sharma said she gathered factual information
from the family about their age and moved a court.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate R K Jain yesterday
issued an injunction restraining Ram from solemnizing the
marriage of his two minor daughters under Child Marriage
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes