In a sister act, minors escape from child marriage
Rewari (Har): A bold 18-year-old girl has
saved her two younger sisters from entering into wedlock in
their school days.
Their father Chhotu Ram of Kanhora village, 30 kms from
here, had arranged their marriage with three brothers at
Subbasedi village, near Bawal, a government official said.
However, Maniksha, the eldest of the three, did not want
her younger siblings to get married along with her on this
Friday and approached authorities on November 9 against their
Fifteen-year-old Rekha and Bhateri (12) are school
The District Protection and Child Marriage Prohibition
Officer, Neelam Sharma said she gathered factual information
from the family about their age and moved a court.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate R K Jain yesterday
issued an injunction restraining Ram from solemnizing the
marriage of his two minor daughters under Child Marriage
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen