In a sister act, minors escape from child marriage
Rewari (Har): A bold 18-year-old girl has
saved her two younger sisters from entering into wedlock in
their school days.
Their father Chhotu Ram of Kanhora village, 30 kms from
here, had arranged their marriage with three brothers at
Subbasedi village, near Bawal, a government official said.
However, Maniksha, the eldest of the three, did not want
her younger siblings to get married along with her on this
Friday and approached authorities on November 9 against their
Fifteen-year-old Rekha and Bhateri (12) are school
The District Protection and Child Marriage Prohibition
Officer, Neelam Sharma said she gathered factual information
from the family about their age and moved a court.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate R K Jain yesterday
issued an injunction restraining Ram from solemnizing the
marriage of his two minor daughters under Child Marriage
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside