In a sister act, minors escape from child marriage
Rewari (Har): A bold 18-year-old girl has
saved her two younger sisters from entering into wedlock in
their school days.
Their father Chhotu Ram of Kanhora village, 30 kms from
here, had arranged their marriage with three brothers at
Subbasedi village, near Bawal, a government official said.
However, Maniksha, the eldest of the three, did not want
her younger siblings to get married along with her on this
Friday and approached authorities on November 9 against their
Fifteen-year-old Rekha and Bhateri (12) are school
The District Protection and Child Marriage Prohibition
Officer, Neelam Sharma said she gathered factual information
from the family about their age and moved a court.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate R K Jain yesterday
issued an injunction restraining Ram from solemnizing the
marriage of his two minor daughters under Child Marriage
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA