In-laws set woman on fire over dowry demands
Rewari: A young woman was allegedly set on fire by her in-laws over dowry demands, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday at Jhajjar Road colony here, they said.
The woman, identified as Usha Devi (27), was admitted to Safdarjung hospital in Delhi, police said.
The victim`s father has lodged a case of attempt to murder and dowry harassment against his daughter`s husband Krishan Kumar and in-laws.
Usha got married to Krishan in February 2010 and they have a 11-month-old son.
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley
- Israeli jets carry out raids on Gaza: Palestinian Ministry
- Defending migrant deal, EU seeks end of visas for Turks
- Bengal polls end on Thursday; enclave dwellers to vote for first time
- Azam calls Adityanath 'frustrated', advises him to get married