INLD indulging in politics of regionalism: Hooda
Sirsa: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh
Hooda on Sunday said the opposition INLD has lost its
"little-left" political base and so it was indulging in
"regionalism to misguide public" in the state.
"Politics of regionalism only shows INLD`s frustration.
But, people are intelligent and can not be misled by the
opportunist and selfish forces. One cannot befool public and
take them for a ride," Bhupinder Singh Hooda told reporters
Stressing on the need for constructive politics, he said
"the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) was adopting the politics
of regionalism to save its fast eroding political base.
"I have never done the politics of any particular region,
but worked for the welfare of the entire state and its
people," Hooda said.
The yesterday`s bandh was called to protest the alleged
failures of the Hooda government to provide water and power to
the people when the Chief Minister was on a day`s visit here
to inaugurate several projects.
Criminal cases were registered against several INLD
leaders following complaint by Haryana`s Minister of State for
Home Gopal Kanda that during the bandh INLD workers had
waylaid him and tried to stop his car forcibly with the
intention of causing bodily harm.
Attacking INLD, Hooda said "their (INLD`s) attempts to
raise the regional issues only prove that they have become
anxious and frantic".
INLD had alleged that the Congress government has always
neglected Sirsa, considered a strong base for Om Prakash
To this, Hooda said "the INLD government (1999-2005)
spent only Rs 852.18 crore during its six-year rule while the
Congress government spent Rs 1,470 crore during four and a
half years (March 2005-Oct 2009)."
People`s long-pending demands of Railway Over Bridge in
Sirsa and Ottu lake project have been met while new projects
and schemes have been launched, Hooda added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown