INLD members hold mock session
Chandigarh: A day after they were suspended
for remainder of the session from the Haryana Assembly, main
Opposition INLD members on Wednesday held a mock session outside the
The INLD members, who were later joined by party chief
and former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, wore black
bands around their arms to protest against their suspension.
Mohammed Illyas was elected "Speaker" of the mock
Drawing curious onlookers, the INLD legislators lashed
out at the state government accusing it of favouring builders
They also alleged the law and order had deteriorated in
Chautala said the state government had hatched a
conspiracy to keep them out of the session as they wanted no
opposition at the time of passage of the Haryana Ceiling on
Land Holdings (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
Referring to the formation of a House Committee to look
into alleged violations by the Chautala family trusts, he said
the government was targeting its political opponents to divert
attention of the people from its own failures.
Yesterday, the Speaker suspended INLD MLAs for the rest
of the session after they disrupted proceedings demanding that
a resolution be adopted to urge the Centre to allow passage of
Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth