INLD members hold mock session
Chandigarh: A day after they were suspended
for remainder of the session from the Haryana Assembly, main
Opposition INLD members on Wednesday held a mock session outside the
The INLD members, who were later joined by party chief
and former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, wore black
bands around their arms to protest against their suspension.
Mohammed Illyas was elected "Speaker" of the mock
Drawing curious onlookers, the INLD legislators lashed
out at the state government accusing it of favouring builders
They also alleged the law and order had deteriorated in
Chautala said the state government had hatched a
conspiracy to keep them out of the session as they wanted no
opposition at the time of passage of the Haryana Ceiling on
Land Holdings (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
Referring to the formation of a House Committee to look
into alleged violations by the Chautala family trusts, he said
the government was targeting its political opponents to divert
attention of the people from its own failures.
Yesterday, the Speaker suspended INLD MLAs for the rest
of the session after they disrupted proceedings demanding that
a resolution be adopted to urge the Centre to allow passage of
Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave