INLD misleading people on Chautalas` conviction: Dalal
Chandigarh: INLD`s leaders are misleading the people that ruling Congress has misused the CBI leading to the conviction of former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and others in a teachers recruitment scam, a senior Congress leader today alleged.
"Showing utter disregard to even the verdict given by judiciary convicting Chautala and others, many INLD leaders including (Sr) Chautala`s son (and MLA) Abhay Singh are indulging in disinformation campaign claiming that Congress had misused the CBI...It is like pot calling kettle black," former Congress MLA and Minister Karan Singh Dalal told reporters here.
"Rather than feeling ashamed about their misdeeds, Abhay Chautala, who is INLD`s General Secretary, is going about saying that if giving jobs to the deserving youths amounts to corruption, they will do it again. This reflects their sick mentality," Dalal claimed.
Recently, INLD leaders have stepped up attack on the ruling Congress including Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda after their supremo Om Prakash Chautala and his MLA-son Ajay Chautala were among those jailed in the teachers recruitment scam.
"What can be more ironical than the fact that the then Chief Minister (O P Chautala) ignores merit and hand picks up his own favourites to be made teachers. Chautala faced resistance from many upright officers, but chose to overrule them." he alleged.
To a question, he said that the present Hooda government should take action if any more official were found involved to have helped in the scam.
He demanded that Chautala Sr should immediately resign as Leader of Opposition from the State Assembly since he was convicted.
A CBI court had last month sentenced 78-year-old Chautala, his son 51-year-old Ajay Chautala and 53 others, including two IAS officers, in connection with the scam.
Chautalas and eight others, including IAS officers, were handed down 10 years in jail. One accused was sentenced to five years while 44 others got four years imprisonment.
The scam took place between 1999 and 2000, when O P Chautala was Haryana chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead