INLD misleading people on Chautalas` conviction: Dalal
Chandigarh: INLD`s leaders are misleading the people that ruling Congress has misused the CBI leading to the conviction of former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and others in a teachers recruitment scam, a senior Congress leader today alleged.
"Showing utter disregard to even the verdict given by judiciary convicting Chautala and others, many INLD leaders including (Sr) Chautala`s son (and MLA) Abhay Singh are indulging in disinformation campaign claiming that Congress had misused the CBI...It is like pot calling kettle black," former Congress MLA and Minister Karan Singh Dalal told reporters here.
"Rather than feeling ashamed about their misdeeds, Abhay Chautala, who is INLD`s General Secretary, is going about saying that if giving jobs to the deserving youths amounts to corruption, they will do it again. This reflects their sick mentality," Dalal claimed.
Recently, INLD leaders have stepped up attack on the ruling Congress including Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda after their supremo Om Prakash Chautala and his MLA-son Ajay Chautala were among those jailed in the teachers recruitment scam.
"What can be more ironical than the fact that the then Chief Minister (O P Chautala) ignores merit and hand picks up his own favourites to be made teachers. Chautala faced resistance from many upright officers, but chose to overrule them." he alleged.
To a question, he said that the present Hooda government should take action if any more official were found involved to have helped in the scam.
He demanded that Chautala Sr should immediately resign as Leader of Opposition from the State Assembly since he was convicted.
A CBI court had last month sentenced 78-year-old Chautala, his son 51-year-old Ajay Chautala and 53 others, including two IAS officers, in connection with the scam.
Chautalas and eight others, including IAS officers, were handed down 10 years in jail. One accused was sentenced to five years while 44 others got four years imprisonment.
The scam took place between 1999 and 2000, when O P Chautala was Haryana chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof