INLD MLA acquitted on charges of slapping woman constable
Hisar: A local court on Thursday acquitted Indian National Lok Dal MLA Saroj Mor from the charges of slapping a woman constable during poll duty in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions Judge R K Yadav also acquitted ASI of Haryana Police Ved Pal and another Ajit Singh in the case.
Judicial Magistrate of Hansi, Satish Jangra on September 29 last year awarded two years imprisonment to Saroj Mor, her relative ASI Ved Pal and one another Ajit Singh on the charge of slapping the woman constable during repoll of Assembly elections in Bass and Khanda Kheri village here.
The court, however, granted them interim bail for filing an appeal in the session court.
Later, they challenged the Hansi court decision in the sessions court Hisar.
A case was registered in Narnaund Police Station on October 19, 2009 on the complaint filed by the woman constable against the three for using criminal force to deter her from discharging her official duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report