INLD MLA acquitted on charges of slapping woman constable
Hisar: A local court on Thursday acquitted Indian National Lok Dal MLA Saroj Mor from the charges of slapping a woman constable during poll duty in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions Judge R K Yadav also acquitted ASI of Haryana Police Ved Pal and another Ajit Singh in the case.
Judicial Magistrate of Hansi, Satish Jangra on September 29 last year awarded two years imprisonment to Saroj Mor, her relative ASI Ved Pal and one another Ajit Singh on the charge of slapping the woman constable during repoll of Assembly elections in Bass and Khanda Kheri village here.
The court, however, granted them interim bail for filing an appeal in the session court.
Later, they challenged the Hansi court decision in the sessions court Hisar.
A case was registered in Narnaund Police Station on October 19, 2009 on the complaint filed by the woman constable against the three for using criminal force to deter her from discharging her official duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days