INLD MLA acquitted on charges of slapping woman constable
Hisar: A local court on Thursday acquitted Indian National Lok Dal MLA Saroj Mor from the charges of slapping a woman constable during poll duty in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions Judge R K Yadav also acquitted ASI of Haryana Police Ved Pal and another Ajit Singh in the case.
Judicial Magistrate of Hansi, Satish Jangra on September 29 last year awarded two years imprisonment to Saroj Mor, her relative ASI Ved Pal and one another Ajit Singh on the charge of slapping the woman constable during repoll of Assembly elections in Bass and Khanda Kheri village here.
The court, however, granted them interim bail for filing an appeal in the session court.
Later, they challenged the Hansi court decision in the sessions court Hisar.
A case was registered in Narnaund Police Station on October 19, 2009 on the complaint filed by the woman constable against the three for using criminal force to deter her from discharging her official duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'