INLD MLA dies of brain hemorrhage
Gurgaon: INLD MLA Gian Chand Odh Monday died
of a brain hemorrhage at a private hospital here. He was 70.
The two-time MLA from Rattia Assembly constituency in
Harayana breathed his last at 3 AM at Medanta Medicity, where
he had been admitted since September 5.
Odh, who was first elected in 2005, is survived by four
sons, three daughters and wife.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed grief over
the legislature`s demise, saying the state has lost a seasoned
leader and committed public servant.
INLD president Om Parkash Chautala, party secretary
general Ajay Singh Chautala, senior leader Abhay Singh
Chautala also condoled Odh`s death.
His cremation will take place at his native village
Sardarewala later today, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- IIT Bombay alumnus named CEO of US firm ANSYS
- Rupee recovers 7 paise to 67.11 vs USD
- Hyundai Tucson to get 2.0-l petrol engine; no 1.6-l diesel
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently