INLD MLA dies of brain hemorrhage
Gurgaon: INLD MLA Gian Chand Odh Monday died
of a brain hemorrhage at a private hospital here. He was 70.
The two-time MLA from Rattia Assembly constituency in
Harayana breathed his last at 3 AM at Medanta Medicity, where
he had been admitted since September 5.
Odh, who was first elected in 2005, is survived by four
sons, three daughters and wife.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed grief over
the legislature`s demise, saying the state has lost a seasoned
leader and committed public servant.
INLD president Om Parkash Chautala, party secretary
general Ajay Singh Chautala, senior leader Abhay Singh
Chautala also condoled Odh`s death.
His cremation will take place at his native village
Sardarewala later today, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him
- 1 killed, dozen hurt in building collapse after cylinder blast
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 628—Pragya decides to fight back