INLD MLA gets 2 yr jail for slapping lady cop
Hisar (Haryana): A local court today awarded
two years imprisonment to Saroj Mor, the lone woman MLA of
Indian National Lok Dal, for slapping a lady cop who was on
duty during a state assembly repoll in 2009.
Judicial Magistrate, Hansi, Satish Jangra also imposed a
fine of Rs 5,700 on the legislator, besides sentencing one
month imprisonment to another person in the case.
The court also awarded two years imprisonment to Mor`s
relative Ved Pal, an ASI of Haryana Police.
Mor represents the Narnaund Assembly constituency in
The court however, granted interim bail to the trio,
including the MLA, for filing an appeal in the sessions court.
A case was registered in Narnaund Police Station on
October 19, 2009 on the complaint filed by constable Meena
Kumari against the three for using criminal force to deter her
from discharging her official duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'