INLD MLAs suspended from Haryana Assembly
Chandigarh: Twenty-nine opposition members of the Haryana Assembly were suspended Friday for the rest of the Monsoon session following an uproar over an alleged demand of bribe by a ruling Congress member.
Soon after the House paid obituary references on the opening day of the session today, opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) members got to their feet, alleging that a Congress member had been caught on camera demanding bribe from a person for Change of Land Use for a plot along NH-8 in Gurgaon.
As the verbal dual between Congress and INLD members continued, Speaker Kuldip Sharma suspended 28 INLD MLAs, including party general secretary Abhay Chautala and state chief Ashok Arora, for the rest of the session.
BJP member Anil Vij was also suspended from the House after he raised the matter, saying it was a "serious corruption issue".
In protest, BJP and Haryana Janhit Congress members walked out of the House.
Shortly before the session began, Arora and Chautala held a press conference and released a CD purportedly containing the alleged act of the Congress MLA.
The session which commenced today is expected to continue till Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Did you know? India's first bullet train will run under water
- Selfie time! Alia Bhatt freezes frame with Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Shinde's team – Pic inside
- If Priyanka Gandhi takes charge of Congress then BJP will face tough challenge: Ramdev
- 'Jai Hind' – this is how Air India will wish passengers now!
- Government vows to crack down on super-rich tax evaders