INLD nominates Ram Kumar Kashyap for Rajya Sabha seat
Chandigarh: Haryana`s main opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) on Monday nominated its Backward Classes cell chief Ram Kumar Kashyap as the party`s candidate for the February 7 Rajya Sabha polls.
Kashyap, a former member of the Haryana Public Service Commission, filed his nomination papers today.
"It has been INLD`s tradition to give an opportunity to people belonging to minority communities to work for their uplift. Therefore, our party today decided to nominate Ram Kumar Kashyap for the Rajya Sabha seat from the state," senior leader Abhay Singh Chautala told reporters here today.
Two RS seats from Haryana becoming vacant with the end of terms of Congress members Ishwar Singh and Ram Parkash.
Meanwhile, former Congress minister and former MLA from Hansi Attar Singh Saini today joined INLD with his supporters, and accused Congress of indulging in corrupt activities.
"There are some elements in Congress who are bent upon tarnishing its image. Several scams have come to light during the Congress-led regime at the Centre. Moreover, several CDs have come out in the public (in which some congressmen were shown getting cash for change of land use (CLU) done)," said Saini, when he was asked why he left the Congress.
Taking a dig at Congress in Haryana, Chautala said despite Haryana Congress`s claim that INLD had gone weak in the state, several Congress representatives in the state had joined INLD. "It is in the Congress that people are leaving it," said Chautala.
Accusing Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda of being involved in cash-for-CLU scams, Chautala demanded his removal from the post of Chief Minister. He also accused Hooda of "covering up" the issue in which Congress leaders were demanding bribe for CLUs.
Chautala said the party will meet Haryana Lokayukta tomorrow demanding action against several Congress MLAs and leaders who were allegedly shown in video clips demanding bribe for getting CLU done.
INLD had released video clips last year allegedly showing a state minister, two CPSs, three MLAs and sons of one CPS and an MLA indulging in corrupt practices in lieu of getting the CLUs done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'