INLD predicts early Lok Sabha polls
Chandigarh: The way Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is holding "marathon meetings" Lok Sabha polls in the country are not far, Opposition INLD in Haryana said Tuesday.
"The way Rahul Gandhi, after becoming Vice President of Congress, is holding marathon meetings, it is for sure that the Lok Sabha polls will be held in October," senior INLD leader Abhay Singh Chautala, younger son of party supremo Om Prakash Chautala told reporters here.
"Early Lok Sabha polls are inevitable as the Congress is in a desperate situation. Especially after DMK, a key constituent of the UPA, has pulled out," Abhay, who is party MLA from Ellenabad seat said.
He also predicted possibility of an early polls in Haryana, which are due late next year.
"The Bhupinder Singh Hooda led Congress is keen to take advantage of INLD`s top leadership languishing in jail," he said.
Abhay, considered to be one of the pillars of the INLD, however, said that his party was prepared for both early Lok Sabha as well as Assembly polls in Haryana.
When his attention was drawn towards Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal`s claim on transfer of Chandigarh, Abhay said that Haryana "will not allow it to happen at any cost".
Chandigarh, a union territory, is joint capital of Punjab and Haryana.
Both Chautala and Badal families enjoy close relations with each other.
However, Abhay said, "Haryana will not leave its claim on Chandigarh and will always press for its share in river waters at all costs."
He alleged that during the present Haryana government land scandals were taking places. "Lands of farmers are being forcefully acquired and given to big companies at a throw away price," he added.
At present, the top leadership of INLD, including its supremo Chautala his elder son Ajay Singh, party senior leader Sher Singh Badshami is cooling their heels behind bars in Tihar jail in the teachers recruitment scandal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged