INLD predicts early Lok Sabha polls
Chandigarh: The way Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is holding "marathon meetings" Lok Sabha polls in the country are not far, Opposition INLD in Haryana said Tuesday.
"The way Rahul Gandhi, after becoming Vice President of Congress, is holding marathon meetings, it is for sure that the Lok Sabha polls will be held in October," senior INLD leader Abhay Singh Chautala, younger son of party supremo Om Prakash Chautala told reporters here.
"Early Lok Sabha polls are inevitable as the Congress is in a desperate situation. Especially after DMK, a key constituent of the UPA, has pulled out," Abhay, who is party MLA from Ellenabad seat said.
He also predicted possibility of an early polls in Haryana, which are due late next year.
"The Bhupinder Singh Hooda led Congress is keen to take advantage of INLD`s top leadership languishing in jail," he said.
Abhay, considered to be one of the pillars of the INLD, however, said that his party was prepared for both early Lok Sabha as well as Assembly polls in Haryana.
When his attention was drawn towards Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal`s claim on transfer of Chandigarh, Abhay said that Haryana "will not allow it to happen at any cost".
Chandigarh, a union territory, is joint capital of Punjab and Haryana.
Both Chautala and Badal families enjoy close relations with each other.
However, Abhay said, "Haryana will not leave its claim on Chandigarh and will always press for its share in river waters at all costs."
He alleged that during the present Haryana government land scandals were taking places. "Lands of farmers are being forcefully acquired and given to big companies at a throw away price," he added.
At present, the top leadership of INLD, including its supremo Chautala his elder son Ajay Singh, party senior leader Sher Singh Badshami is cooling their heels behind bars in Tihar jail in the teachers recruitment scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat
- How does smoke effect clouds in terms of climate? NASA flies to Africa to find out!
- Tamil Nadu cricketers picked for Duleep Trophy can play in TN Premier T20 League: BCCI
- Analysts, market participants hail RBI move on bond markets
- Scorpene submarines: Australian newspaper uploads new set of leaked documents on underwater warfare