INLD releases 2nd list of candidates for Haryana polls
Chandigarh: Haryana`s main Opposition party Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) Thursday released the second list of party candidates containing names of 11 contestants, including two sitting MLAs, to test electoral battle in the state slated to go to polls in a couple of months.
The list of 11 candidates was declared at Gurgaon by party`s senior leader Abhay Singh Chautala and INLD state head Ashok Arora, a party release said here.
The list figured names of two sitting MLAs Ram Pal Majra (Kalayat seat) and Rao Bahadur Singh (Mahendergarh seat) and former legislator Zakir Hussain (Nuh seat).
The strength of Haryana Assembly is 90. Till date the party has declared its nominees on 73 seats, the release said.
Party`s supremo and former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala and his MLA son and party`s Secretary General Ajay Singh Chautala are serving ten years jail term in a teacher`s recruitment scandal.
INLD is contesting the upcoming Assembly polls in Haryana in alliance with Punjab`s ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), where the party is a major partner of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?