INLD seeks probe into land deals during Hooda tenure
Chandigarh: Haryana`s opposition Indian
National Lok Dal on Monday sought a "high-level probe" into the
alleged multi-crore rupee land scandals in the state during
the tenure of the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government.
INLD President and former Haryana Chief Minister, Om
Prakash Chautala, alleged hundreds of acres of prime land,
worth crores of rupees, had been sold to leading builders by
the Hooda government "in violation of all rules and at
"INLD seeks a high-level independent probe into the land
deals", Chautala told reporters in Chandigarh after leading a
delegation of party leaders to Governor Jagannath Pahadia
here. The party submitted a memorandum to him with the demand.
Chautala alleged the latest land scandal relates to the
sale of 350 acres of land to a private builder in Gurgaon for
Rs 1,703 crore.
He claimed the land, "whose market price is Rs 50 crore
per acre, was sold to the private builder by amending
conditions to suit the builder on a single-tender basis."
The INLD chief alleged that there were numerous examples
where the state government had issued notices to farmers for
acquiring their land and after acquiring these at "throwaway
prices," released them to private builders.
No official comment was immediately available.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?