INLD seeks probe into land deals during Hooda tenure
Chandigarh: Haryana`s opposition Indian
National Lok Dal on Monday sought a "high-level probe" into the
alleged multi-crore rupee land scandals in the state during
the tenure of the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government.
INLD President and former Haryana Chief Minister, Om
Prakash Chautala, alleged hundreds of acres of prime land,
worth crores of rupees, had been sold to leading builders by
the Hooda government "in violation of all rules and at
"INLD seeks a high-level independent probe into the land
deals", Chautala told reporters in Chandigarh after leading a
delegation of party leaders to Governor Jagannath Pahadia
here. The party submitted a memorandum to him with the demand.
Chautala alleged the latest land scandal relates to the
sale of 350 acres of land to a private builder in Gurgaon for
Rs 1,703 crore.
He claimed the land, "whose market price is Rs 50 crore
per acre, was sold to the private builder by amending
conditions to suit the builder on a single-tender basis."
The INLD chief alleged that there were numerous examples
where the state government had issued notices to farmers for
acquiring their land and after acquiring these at "throwaway
prices," released them to private builders.
No official comment was immediately available.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400