INLD seeks probe into land deals during Hooda tenure
Chandigarh: Haryana`s opposition Indian
National Lok Dal on Monday sought a "high-level probe" into the
alleged multi-crore rupee land scandals in the state during
the tenure of the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government.
INLD President and former Haryana Chief Minister, Om
Prakash Chautala, alleged hundreds of acres of prime land,
worth crores of rupees, had been sold to leading builders by
the Hooda government "in violation of all rules and at
"INLD seeks a high-level independent probe into the land
deals", Chautala told reporters in Chandigarh after leading a
delegation of party leaders to Governor Jagannath Pahadia
here. The party submitted a memorandum to him with the demand.
Chautala alleged the latest land scandal relates to the
sale of 350 acres of land to a private builder in Gurgaon for
Rs 1,703 crore.
He claimed the land, "whose market price is Rs 50 crore
per acre, was sold to the private builder by amending
conditions to suit the builder on a single-tender basis."
The INLD chief alleged that there were numerous examples
where the state government had issued notices to farmers for
acquiring their land and after acquiring these at "throwaway
prices," released them to private builders.
No official comment was immediately available.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog