INLD Sirsa bandh evokes good response, CM hits out
Sirsa (Haryana): The Indian National Lok
Dal-sponsored Sirsa bandh on Saturday evoked a good response even as
state chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda slammed the
Opposition over the protest.
Business establishments kept their shutters down.
The protest was called over alleged deterioration in
the law and order situation in the area. The INLD had charged
that the police had failed to arrest the `culprits` in a
double murder case that happened a month ago.
Meanwhile, Hooda, also in the district to launch some
projects, said the INLD had an anti-development mindset,
adding that the opposition could not digest the development of
the region during the Congress rule.
Hooda claimed Rs 2446.94 crore was spent on
development works in Sirsa during last six years in contrast
to Rs 799 crore spent by the previous government during the
In view of the INLD protest, massive police deployment
was made in and around the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka