INLD Sirsa bandh evokes good response, CM hits out
Sirsa (Haryana): The Indian National Lok
Dal-sponsored Sirsa bandh on Saturday evoked a good response even as
state chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda slammed the
Opposition over the protest.
Business establishments kept their shutters down.
The protest was called over alleged deterioration in
the law and order situation in the area. The INLD had charged
that the police had failed to arrest the `culprits` in a
double murder case that happened a month ago.
Meanwhile, Hooda, also in the district to launch some
projects, said the INLD had an anti-development mindset,
adding that the opposition could not digest the development of
the region during the Congress rule.
Hooda claimed Rs 2446.94 crore was spent on
development works in Sirsa during last six years in contrast
to Rs 799 crore spent by the previous government during the
In view of the INLD protest, massive police deployment
was made in and around the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city