INLD Sirsa bandh evokes good response, CM hits out
Sirsa (Haryana): The Indian National Lok
Dal-sponsored Sirsa bandh on Saturday evoked a good response even as
state chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda slammed the
Opposition over the protest.
Business establishments kept their shutters down.
The protest was called over alleged deterioration in
the law and order situation in the area. The INLD had charged
that the police had failed to arrest the `culprits` in a
double murder case that happened a month ago.
Meanwhile, Hooda, also in the district to launch some
projects, said the INLD had an anti-development mindset,
adding that the opposition could not digest the development of
the region during the Congress rule.
Hooda claimed Rs 2446.94 crore was spent on
development works in Sirsa during last six years in contrast
to Rs 799 crore spent by the previous government during the
In view of the INLD protest, massive police deployment
was made in and around the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final