INLD to appeal in HC against conviction of Chautala, others
Chandigarh: The opposition INLD today said it would appeal in the Delhi High Court against the Rohini court order convicting former Chief Minister Om Parkash Chautala and 54 others in the teachers` recruitment scam.
Chautala`s younger son Abhey said in a statement here that the party has decided to file an appeal in the High Court against the verdict.
"As soon as we get a copy of the Rohini court order, the appeal will be filed," Abhey, a member of Haryana Assembly from Ellenabad, said.
Abhey said, "INLD will not only expose Congress, CBI and the `B` team of Congress (which he did not name), but also continue its struggle against Congress."
"Congress in alliance with CBI and its `B` team hatched a conspiracy in order to save Robert Vadra (son-in-law of Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi) in the land scam in the state," he alleged.
He said corruption charges have been levelled against Chautala and others, but none of the 3,206 teachers selected has said money was paid to get jobs or that there has been exchange of money in the deals.
Abhey alleged that Congress has always used CBI against its "politically strong opponents" in various states.
"Today, in our case CBI has succeeded, but we are hopeful of getting justice in a higher court where we will file an appeal against Rohini court order," he said, adding, "The Centre and various Congress governments in the states were in power because of CBI."
Meanwhile, Haryana INLD chief Ashok Arora in a statement criticised the Delhi Government for not allowing Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to meet 78-year-old Chautala and his son Ajay in the jail.
"Badal wanted to meet Chautala senior in the hospital where he is admitted and Ajay in Tihar Jail, but was denied permission. It shows undeclared emergency has been promulgated by the Congress-led UPA government," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?