Inter-caste marriage behind youth`s murder?
Chandigarh: A 28-year-old youth was on Friday
found dead in a hotel in Hisar under mysterious circumstances,
with his father claiming his son was killed because of his
inter-caste marriage with the daughter of a senior BJP leader.
The Haryana police recovered Alok`s body from a room of a
private hotel which was booked in the name of one Anurag, an
official release said here.
Alok, who hailed from Bihar and was working as a computer
operator in a private school here, had married Rubina, a
resident of Jaipur, at an arya samaj temple on November 15,
2009 against the wishes of her father.
He was staying separate from his father in Shiv Colony
According to Alok`s father, "Rubina`s father Abdul
Gaffar, the state General Secretary of BJP in Rajasthan, was
against their inter-cast marriage," the release said.
Police have registered a case of murder following a
complaint by Alok`s father against unidentified killers, it
Investigation was on in the case from various angles,
including that of financial transaction and betting, the
release said, adding the youth was in touch with his wife
through his mobile phone till late night yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'