Inter-state gang of bank robbers smashed
Rewari (Haryana): Police on Sunday claimed to
have smashed an inter-state gang of bank robbers with the
arrest of its alleged kingpin, a serving army man and his
Alleged kingpin Maman Singh, the army man, and his
brother Ram Lal, both residents of Seethal village in Alwar
district of Rajasthan, have been arrested, they said.
Earlier, two other alleged gang members Prakash Yadav,
a Lance Naik in the army, and Hoshiar Singh, both residents of
Khanpur village of Alwar district, were arrested by the police
on February 6.
Police said that the fifth member, Arvind, a serving
soldier and resident of Kheda Khurrampur village in Gurgaon
district, is yet to be arrested.
Police said they have seized a looted amount of Rs
10.70 lakh out of a total of Rs 66.69 lakh, five motorcycles,
ten pistols, 215 live cartridges, including cartridges of
AK-47 Rifles and SLRs as well as three hand grenades from
The gang had robbed banks in Rewari, Gurgaon and
Mahendergarh districts of Haryana and two banks in Alwar
district of Rajasthan in period from July, 2007 till December,
2009, police said.
It had also committed murders in the course of
robberies, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days