ITBP Jawan arrested on rape charge
Rewari: A jawan of the Indo Tibetan Police (ITBP) was arrested for allegedly raping a college student, police said today.
The accused Deepak was yesterday produced in a court at Narnaul, which remanded him in judicial custody.
The victim, a resident of Bajad village was allegedly enticed by Deepak when she was on her way to college on January 16, police said.
He took her to an unidentified place where she was kept and repeatedly raped by the accused for over a fortnight, they said.
However the girl somehow got out of Deepak`s clutches and reached Bajad on February 3 and then narrated things to her parents who had lodged a missing report, said police.
Subsequently a complaint of rape was lodged following which police got the girl medically examined in the civil hospital at Narnaul, they said.
A case of abduction and rape was registered and the accused was nabbed, police said.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- BJP doing 'gundagardi' in name of making people say 'Bharat Mata ki Jai', says Arvind Kejriwal
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till May 9
- Sushmita Sen - mother of two daughters - talks about her sexiest mantra
- AgustaWestland case: Hang me if anything found against me, says Congress leader Ahmed Patel
- Badminton Asia Championship: Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu advance to second round