ITBP Jawan arrested on rape charge
Rewari: A jawan of the Indo Tibetan Police (ITBP) was arrested for allegedly raping a college student, police said today.
The accused Deepak was yesterday produced in a court at Narnaul, which remanded him in judicial custody.
The victim, a resident of Bajad village was allegedly enticed by Deepak when she was on her way to college on January 16, police said.
He took her to an unidentified place where she was kept and repeatedly raped by the accused for over a fortnight, they said.
However the girl somehow got out of Deepak`s clutches and reached Bajad on February 3 and then narrated things to her parents who had lodged a missing report, said police.
Subsequently a complaint of rape was lodged following which police got the girl medically examined in the civil hospital at Narnaul, they said.
A case of abduction and rape was registered and the accused was nabbed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation