Jail-break case: 4 inmates sentenced to 2-yr imprisonment in Haryana
Ambala: A local court on Wednesday sentenced four inmates of Ambala jail to two-year imprisonment for digging a tunnel inside their barrack.
Sanjeev Kumar, Masood Akhtar, Rajan Gaur and Ananad Kindu were sentenced to two-year imprisonment for attempting to escape from the prison by digging up a tunnel inside their barrack.
On 18 October, 2008 some of jail inmates attempted to dig a six feet-deep and three feet-wide tunnel using spades in their barracks in Ambala jail.
Their attempt, however, was foiled by jail authorities.
A case was registered against nine persons in this regard. Five other accused have earlier been acquitted in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?