Jat activists block national highway over reservation
Hisar (Haryana): Jat activists on Sunday blocked the Hisar-Delhi National Highway in Mayyar village here after police "forcibly" carried away five of their members, who were on a fast unto death demanding OBC status for the community.
The members of All India Jat Aarakshan Sangharash Samiti (AIJASS) demanded that all the five protesters who were lifted by police Saturday from the dharna place, should be released from civil hospital.
Additional Deputy Commissioner Ashok Garg, who rushed to the spot, appealed to the activists to end their agitation.
The ADC assured that they would be discharged from the hospital when their condition improved.
Yesterday, police had lifted five agitators sitting on fast-unto death and admitted them to civil hospital here for treatment as their health became deteriorating.
Ram Bhagat Malik, spokesman of the Samiti, announced that their struggle would continue till the acceptance of their demand for 27 per cent reservation in government jobs for the community.
Meanwhile, the Haryana Health Department is closely monitoring the health condition of the five agitators at the civil hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened