Jat activists block national highway over reservation
Hisar (Haryana): Jat activists on Sunday blocked the Hisar-Delhi National Highway in Mayyar village here after police "forcibly" carried away five of their members, who were on a fast unto death demanding OBC status for the community.
The members of All India Jat Aarakshan Sangharash Samiti (AIJASS) demanded that all the five protesters who were lifted by police Saturday from the dharna place, should be released from civil hospital.
Additional Deputy Commissioner Ashok Garg, who rushed to the spot, appealed to the activists to end their agitation.
The ADC assured that they would be discharged from the hospital when their condition improved.
Yesterday, police had lifted five agitators sitting on fast-unto death and admitted them to civil hospital here for treatment as their health became deteriorating.
Ram Bhagat Malik, spokesman of the Samiti, announced that their struggle would continue till the acceptance of their demand for 27 per cent reservation in government jobs for the community.
Meanwhile, the Haryana Health Department is closely monitoring the health condition of the five agitators at the civil hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you