Jat delegation leaves for Delhi to talk with Hooda
Hisar: Jat leaders spearheading
the reservation agitation at Mayyar village in this district
headed for Delhi on Saturday for talks with Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda in a bid to find solution to the problem.
The district administration approached the Jat leaders
and advised them to meet the Chief Minister at Delhi, official
Yesterday, Hooda, when asked about the Jat agitation, had
told reporters in Chandigarh that his doors were always open
and anybody could meet him.
Earlier, the talks between Jat leaders and Ministers and
some Haryana legislators did not materialize.
Ram Bhagat Malik, one of the Jat leaders, said if an
agreement was reached at the meeting with the Chief Minister,
the agitation would be suspended but if the talks fail, then
the stir would be intensified in the state for which a meeting
of Khaps (caste councils) has been convened at Jind tomorrow.
Eighteen Jat leaders led by Sube Singh, a Khap leader,
would meet the Chief Minister at Delhi tonight," he said.
Meanwhile, leader of another Jat faction, Hawa Singh
Sangwan, who is President of Haryana unit of All India Jat
Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti, today appealed to the protesting
Jats not to be misled by some "disgruntled" leaders of the
community and carry on with their stir.
Meanwhile, the rail traffic on Hisar-Bhiwani remained
disrupted on the seventh day today. The traffic has been
suspended by the railway authorities as a precuationary
Jats are demanding OBC quota for them in government jobs
and withdrawal of police cases against some members of their
community who were booked during their stir in Hisar district
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof