Jat reservation stir enters ninth day
Hisar (Har): The health condition of one of the six Jat activists, who were on an indefinite hunger strike to press for the reservations in government jobs for the community in OBC category, worsened today even as the agitation entered its ninth day.
The condition of Lakshmi Sangwan (36), one of the six fasting agitationists, worsened today following which she was shifted to a hospital.
The health department is keeping a close watch on the deteriorating health of other five activists as well.
Dharam Pal Chhot, President, Haryana unit of Jat Arakshan Sanghrash Samiti, spearheading the agitation said today, "If the government is sincere to give reservation to Jats, then the state Assembly should pass resolution and send the same to Parliament for approval."
Ram Bhagat Malik, a spokesperson of the Samiti, said that the protest by the outfit would continue till the government accepted their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed