Jat reservation stir enters ninth day
Hisar (Har): The health condition of one of the six Jat activists, who were on an indefinite hunger strike to press for the reservations in government jobs for the community in OBC category, worsened today even as the agitation entered its ninth day.
The condition of Lakshmi Sangwan (36), one of the six fasting agitationists, worsened today following which she was shifted to a hospital.
The health department is keeping a close watch on the deteriorating health of other five activists as well.
Dharam Pal Chhot, President, Haryana unit of Jat Arakshan Sanghrash Samiti, spearheading the agitation said today, "If the government is sincere to give reservation to Jats, then the state Assembly should pass resolution and send the same to Parliament for approval."
Ram Bhagat Malik, a spokesperson of the Samiti, said that the protest by the outfit would continue till the government accepted their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS