Jat reservation stir enters ninth day
Hisar (Har): The health condition of one of the six Jat activists, who were on an indefinite hunger strike to press for the reservations in government jobs for the community in OBC category, worsened today even as the agitation entered its ninth day.
The condition of Lakshmi Sangwan (36), one of the six fasting agitationists, worsened today following which she was shifted to a hospital.
The health department is keeping a close watch on the deteriorating health of other five activists as well.
Dharam Pal Chhot, President, Haryana unit of Jat Arakshan Sanghrash Samiti, spearheading the agitation said today, "If the government is sincere to give reservation to Jats, then the state Assembly should pass resolution and send the same to Parliament for approval."
Ram Bhagat Malik, a spokesperson of the Samiti, said that the protest by the outfit would continue till the government accepted their demand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know