Jat reservation stir enters ninth day
Hisar (Har): The health condition of one of the six Jat activists, who were on an indefinite hunger strike to press for the reservations in government jobs for the community in OBC category, worsened today even as the agitation entered its ninth day.
The condition of Lakshmi Sangwan (36), one of the six fasting agitationists, worsened today following which she was shifted to a hospital.
The health department is keeping a close watch on the deteriorating health of other five activists as well.
Dharam Pal Chhot, President, Haryana unit of Jat Arakshan Sanghrash Samiti, spearheading the agitation said today, "If the government is sincere to give reservation to Jats, then the state Assembly should pass resolution and send the same to Parliament for approval."
Ram Bhagat Malik, a spokesperson of the Samiti, said that the protest by the outfit would continue till the government accepted their demand.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Structural reforms needed to put India on faster growth path
- Total prohibition decision dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi: Nitish
- Centre buys 2,300 tonnes of onion so far to build buffer
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016