Jat stir: HC directs Haryana govt to inform about steps taken
Chandigarh: With the Jat agitation severely
affecting rail traffic in parts of north India, the Punjab and
Haryana High Court today directed the Haryana government to
inform it by Thursday about the steps taken to restore normal
movement of trains.
The direction of the division bench of the High Court
headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi came on a PIL filed by a
The bench also asked Haryana authorities to inform the
court about the results achieved on the action taken by them
to normalise the rail traffic.
With the disruption in the supply of coal, the Rajiv
Gandhi Thermal Power Plant, Khedar, Hisar has been closed.
The Union Government`s Crisis Management Group (CMG) had
yesterday reviewed the situation arising out of the continuous
agitation by Jats for job quota.
The ongoing over fortnight-long stir by Jats has badly
affected the rail traffic, forcing the Northern Railways to
cancel several trains and divert routes of many others.
The Jats are demanding quota for the community in
government jobs under OBC category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon