Jat stir: New Delhi-Chandigarh Shatabdi among cancelled trains
Chandigarh: As the Jat agitation
continues to wreak havoc on the rail traffic in northern
India, Railways on Wednesday cancelled two important trains
connecting the Union Territory with the national Capital.
The morning Shatabdi Express from Kalka/Chandigarh to
New Delhi and the return service from the national capital in
the evening have been cancelled till March 25, when the
situation would be reviewed, a Northern Railway spokesman
said here today.
The Delhi Sarai Rohilla -Chandigarh/Kalka Himalayan
Queen has also been cancelled till March 25. The train
provides a connection to the tourists headed for Shimla in
Himachal Pradesh as passengers arriving by this train board
the narrow gauge train Himalayan Queen from Kalka to Shimla.
The Chandigarh-Allahabad Unchahar Express would remain
cancelled between New Delhi and Chandigarh, he said, adding
that the Delhi Bhatinda Inter City and the Ambala Ganganagar
Inter City Expresses would remain cancelled in both Up and Dn
A number of other mail/express trains running in the
Northern region, including Delhi-Pathankot-Dauladhar-Express,
Jammu-Jaipur-Express (between Delhi and Jaipur), besides
a number of passenger trains from Hissar to various
destinations including Jaipur, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Rewari,
Sirsa and Jakhal would remain cancelled.
Members of the Jat community are protesting for
reservation in government jobs.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) and HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 3