Jat stir rocks Haryana Assembly, 17 MLAs suspended
Chandigarh: Seventeen opposition MLAs were on Friday suspended after the ongoing Jat stir issue rocked the
Haryana Assembly, which also saw INLD Secretary General Ajay
Singh Chautala finding himself at the centre of the
pandemonium, on the last day of Budget Session.
High drama took place in the House with ruling Congress
charging opposition INLD of politicising the issue and flaring
up the Jat agitation.
The House also passed a resolution, which was brought by
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala,
against Chautala, who found himself in the thick of attacks
from the treasury benches.
Immediately after the Question Hour got over in late
afternoon, the opposition members, mostly those of the INLD
and the BJP, tried to raise the Jat stir issue. Ruckus lasted
for close to two hours.
During the Zero Hour, a verbal duel broke out between the
opposition and ruling benches, with Surjewala launching a
scathing attack on the INLD for trying to divide the state and
flaring up the agitation.
This prompted opposition members including INLD`s Ajay
Chautala Ashok Arora, Rampal Majra, BJP`s Krishan Pal Gujjar,
Kavita Jain and Anil Vij to lodge a strong protest.
Amid chaos, state minister Satpal Sangwan got up and
started to say something, which was drowned in the din.
Treasury benches, who had heard what Sangwan say, pointed
towards the INLD benches and shouted "Shame, Shame".
After some noisy scenes, Speaker Kuldeep Sharma asked the
members to allow Sangwan speak in the House. The House again
witnessed ruling and opposition benches indulge in slogan
shouting after the latter objected to the suggestion.
BJP legislator Anil Vij sought to know the status of his
calling attention notice given over the Jat stir issue, to
which the Speaker told him that it has been disallowed.
Sharma then called out the names of the opposition MLAs
who had created ruckus in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise