Jat stir rocks Haryana Assembly, 17 MLAs suspended
Chandigarh: Seventeen opposition MLAs were on Friday suspended after the ongoing Jat stir issue rocked the
Haryana Assembly, which also saw INLD Secretary General Ajay
Singh Chautala finding himself at the centre of the
pandemonium, on the last day of Budget Session.
High drama took place in the House with ruling Congress
charging opposition INLD of politicising the issue and flaring
up the Jat agitation.
The House also passed a resolution, which was brought by
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala,
against Chautala, who found himself in the thick of attacks
from the treasury benches.
Immediately after the Question Hour got over in late
afternoon, the opposition members, mostly those of the INLD
and the BJP, tried to raise the Jat stir issue. Ruckus lasted
for close to two hours.
During the Zero Hour, a verbal duel broke out between the
opposition and ruling benches, with Surjewala launching a
scathing attack on the INLD for trying to divide the state and
flaring up the agitation.
This prompted opposition members including INLD`s Ajay
Chautala Ashok Arora, Rampal Majra, BJP`s Krishan Pal Gujjar,
Kavita Jain and Anil Vij to lodge a strong protest.
Amid chaos, state minister Satpal Sangwan got up and
started to say something, which was drowned in the din.
Treasury benches, who had heard what Sangwan say, pointed
towards the INLD benches and shouted "Shame, Shame".
After some noisy scenes, Speaker Kuldeep Sharma asked the
members to allow Sangwan speak in the House. The House again
witnessed ruling and opposition benches indulge in slogan
shouting after the latter objected to the suggestion.
BJP legislator Anil Vij sought to know the status of his
calling attention notice given over the Jat stir issue, to
which the Speaker told him that it has been disallowed.
Sharma then called out the names of the opposition MLAs
who had created ruckus in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday