Jat stir rocks Haryana Assembly, 17 MLAs suspended
Chandigarh: Seventeen opposition MLAs were on Friday suspended after the ongoing Jat stir issue rocked the
Haryana Assembly, which also saw INLD Secretary General Ajay
Singh Chautala finding himself at the centre of the
pandemonium, on the last day of Budget Session.
High drama took place in the House with ruling Congress
charging opposition INLD of politicising the issue and flaring
up the Jat agitation.
The House also passed a resolution, which was brought by
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala,
against Chautala, who found himself in the thick of attacks
from the treasury benches.
Immediately after the Question Hour got over in late
afternoon, the opposition members, mostly those of the INLD
and the BJP, tried to raise the Jat stir issue. Ruckus lasted
for close to two hours.
During the Zero Hour, a verbal duel broke out between the
opposition and ruling benches, with Surjewala launching a
scathing attack on the INLD for trying to divide the state and
flaring up the agitation.
This prompted opposition members including INLD`s Ajay
Chautala Ashok Arora, Rampal Majra, BJP`s Krishan Pal Gujjar,
Kavita Jain and Anil Vij to lodge a strong protest.
Amid chaos, state minister Satpal Sangwan got up and
started to say something, which was drowned in the din.
Treasury benches, who had heard what Sangwan say, pointed
towards the INLD benches and shouted "Shame, Shame".
After some noisy scenes, Speaker Kuldeep Sharma asked the
members to allow Sangwan speak in the House. The House again
witnessed ruling and opposition benches indulge in slogan
shouting after the latter objected to the suggestion.
BJP legislator Anil Vij sought to know the status of his
calling attention notice given over the Jat stir issue, to
which the Speaker told him that it has been disallowed.
Sharma then called out the names of the opposition MLAs
who had created ruckus in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA