Jats demand job reservation
Jind (Haryana): A Mahapanchayat of different Khaps or caste councils today threatened to launch an massive stir if the demand that Jats be given reservation in government jobs is not met by December 15.
The Jats raised the demand at a Mahapanchayat organised at Danoda village in Jind district and presided over by Nafe Singh Nain, President of Binain Khap.
Representations of about 90 Khaps and representatives of various Jat organisations participated in the Mahapanchayat.
The Mahapanchayat by a resolution demanded that Jats be given reservation in government jobs by December 15.
It served ultimatum to the Union and state governments warning that if the reservation was not implemented by December 15, the Mahapanchayat will launch a massive stir and the government would be responsible for the consequences of the agitation.
The Mahapanchayat asked the Union government to give reservation to Jats in other states also and demanded that community members should be appointed as Judges in Supreme Court and High Courts.
The Mahapanchayat criticised the government`s move to enact laws against Khaps and warned the government that Khaps would not tolerate such laws.
Speaking on the occasion, Nafe Singh Nain said the main occupation of Jat community is agriculture and because of small land holdings, agriculture is now not a profitable occupation and economic position of the Jats has deteriorated.
He said without reservation Jats are not getting jobs and so reservation is must for the community.
Dharampal Chhot, State President of Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aarakshan Sanghrash Samiti, said Jats have been agitating for the last five years for getting reservation in jobs, but the government has taken no action to accept their "genuine demand".
He urged the government to accept their demand without further delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof