Jats` stir on, life limps back to normal in Hisar
Hisar/Bhiwani: Despite Haryana government`s
conceding some of their demands, Jats today continued their
stir in support of job quota as life limped back to normal in
Hisar where curfew was lifted.
Protesters, unhappy with suspension of the agitation
yesterday, set a Haryana Roadways bus on fire at Peoda village
on Kaithal-Hisar highway.
They also cut trees and laid its branches on the highway
disrupting road traffic, police said.
The protesters, who did not owe allegiance to the Jat
Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti which suspended the stir after the
Bhupinder Singh Hooda government agreed to some of their
demands, continued their protests in Bhiwani and other places.
They blocked roads leading to Delhi, Pilani, Hisar and
Bikaner in Bhiwani district, police said.
The agitators said they would continue their stir till
their main demand of reservation was met.
Last evening, the Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti
suspended the agitation after the state government conceded
some of their demands.
Meanwhile, the situation in Hisar district was limping
back to normal with no reports of any untoward incident.
"The situation in Hisar district, where the curfew has
been lifted, is normal. No untoward incident has been reported
from anywhere so far.
"Vehicular traffic on most of the routes is back to
normal," Hisar`s SP Pankaj Nyan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened