Jats` stir on, life limps back to normal in Hisar
Hisar/Bhiwani: Despite Haryana government`s
conceding some of their demands, Jats today continued their
stir in support of job quota as life limped back to normal in
Hisar where curfew was lifted.
Protesters, unhappy with suspension of the agitation
yesterday, set a Haryana Roadways bus on fire at Peoda village
on Kaithal-Hisar highway.
They also cut trees and laid its branches on the highway
disrupting road traffic, police said.
The protesters, who did not owe allegiance to the Jat
Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti which suspended the stir after the
Bhupinder Singh Hooda government agreed to some of their
demands, continued their protests in Bhiwani and other places.
They blocked roads leading to Delhi, Pilani, Hisar and
Bikaner in Bhiwani district, police said.
The agitators said they would continue their stir till
their main demand of reservation was met.
Last evening, the Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti
suspended the agitation after the state government conceded
some of their demands.
Meanwhile, the situation in Hisar district was limping
back to normal with no reports of any untoward incident.
"The situation in Hisar district, where the curfew has
been lifted, is normal. No untoward incident has been reported
from anywhere so far.
"Vehicular traffic on most of the routes is back to
normal," Hisar`s SP Pankaj Nyan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray