Jats threaten to launch fresh stir over quota
Hisar: Jats in Haryana on Sunday threatened to launch a fresh agitation next month if the state government did not accept their demand for quota in government jobs.
This was decided at a meeting here of the All India Jat Aarakshan Sanghrash Samiti which is spearheading the stir for reservation in government jobs for Jats.
"If our demand for reservation is not accepted by September 13, we will be forced to launch a stir," said Samiti president Yashpal Malik who presided over the meeting.
"We will block rail and road routes after September 13," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'