Jats to celebrate `Black` Holi if reservation demand not met
Hisar: The agitating Jat community in
Haryana on Friday decided to observe the festival of Holi on
Sunday as `Black` Holi if their demand for reservation in
Central government jobs is not accepted.
The activists of Jat Aarakshan Samiti announced here that
if the Central government fails to accept their demand of
reservation, they would observe the festival of colours as
They staged protests in support of their demand at
various places in which a large number of women also
participated even as railway traffic remained disrupted on
various routes near here.
Train services on the Hisar-Bhiwani, Hisar-Jakhal and
Hisar-Sadulpur sections of North Western Railways remained
disrupted on the thirteenth day today due to the blockage of
rail tracks by the Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aashakshan Sangharsh
Samiti activists at various places in the district.
The Railways have cancelled a number of trains bound for
various destinations including Ludhiana, Rewari, Jaipur,
Amritsar, Gorakhpur and Sirsa.
The protesters are demanding inclusion of the Jat
community in the list of the Other Backward Classes (OBC) to
enable them avail the benefit of reservation in government
jobs, both in state and the Union governments.
Due to disruption of rail traffic, goods trains carrying
coal have failed to reach here leading to closure of the Rajiv
Gandhi Thermal Power Plant at Khedar near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan celebrates birthday with Bollywood star kids—See who all came!
- Trouble deepens for P Chidambaram's son; ED likely to question him soon
- Thailand dormitory fire kills 17 schoolgirls
- Will not spare my own children if they are involved in illegalities: Arvind Kejriwal in Goa
- No apology for Hiroshima bombing during Japan visit: Obama