Jewellery shop in Chandigarh looted
Chandigarh: Unidentified persons looted a jewellery showroom on the outskirts of the city in the wee hours Wednesday, police said.
The masked persons, suspected to be ten to 12 in numbers, barged into the `Tanishq` show room in Manimajra in the city this morning and decamped with the entire jewellery there,
They overpowered three security guards at the show room and handcuffed them, gagged their mouths with clothes and later decamped with the booty.
The exact loss is yet to be estimated even as the the looters decamped with the entire jewellery kept in the showroom, police said.
Police is investigating into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok