Jewellery shop in Chandigarh looted
Chandigarh: Unidentified persons looted a jewellery showroom on the outskirts of the city in the wee hours Wednesday, police said.
The masked persons, suspected to be ten to 12 in numbers, barged into the `Tanishq` show room in Manimajra in the city this morning and decamped with the entire jewellery there,
They overpowered three security guards at the show room and handcuffed them, gagged their mouths with clothes and later decamped with the booty.
The exact loss is yet to be estimated even as the the looters decamped with the entire jewellery kept in the showroom, police said.
Police is investigating into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore