Jewellery shop in Chandigarh looted
Chandigarh: Unidentified persons looted a jewellery showroom on the outskirts of the city in the wee hours Wednesday, police said.
The masked persons, suspected to be ten to 12 in numbers, barged into the `Tanishq` show room in Manimajra in the city this morning and decamped with the entire jewellery there,
They overpowered three security guards at the show room and handcuffed them, gagged their mouths with clothes and later decamped with the booty.
The exact loss is yet to be estimated even as the the looters decamped with the entire jewellery kept in the showroom, police said.
Police is investigating into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak