Kanda`s plea for documents in Geetika suicide case dismissed
New Delhi: Former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha`s plea for directions to the Delhi Police to file complete chargesheet in the air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case has been dismissed by a Delhi court.
District Judge SK Sarvaria said the accused had moved the trial court earlier with the same prayer for mirror images of electronic data and documents relied upon by prosecution in the case and the police had given an undertaking that it will supply them the copies on receiving it from the forensic lab.
"Therefore, so far as the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) result and mirror image (of electronic device/hard disk/mobile phone) are concerned, the same being with FSL and there is undertaking on behalf of prosecution to file with supplementary challan, there is no need on behalf of accused persons to demand here mirror image of hard disk etc. Before the sessions court," the court said.
The sessions court also rejected another plea of Kanda and Chaddha for directions to telecom service providers for preservation of call detail records (CDRs) pertaining to eight mobile phones.
The court said that copies of CDRs have already been supplied to the accused and there is no need for producing the original and the plea lacks material particulars as it does not mention the period of CDRs required to be preserved.
"No blanket order otherwise should be passed for preservation of CDRs with regard to mobile phones in question by the service provider for indefinite period affecting the right of privacy of the consumer of the service provider/ mobile user," it said.
Both Kanda and Chaddha are accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide. She was found dead at her Ashok Vihar residence in Delhi on August 5, last year.
In her suicide note, Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'