Kanda`s plea for documents in Geetika suicide case dismissed
New Delhi: Former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha`s plea for directions to the Delhi Police to file complete chargesheet in the air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case has been dismissed by a Delhi court.
District Judge SK Sarvaria said the accused had moved the trial court earlier with the same prayer for mirror images of electronic data and documents relied upon by prosecution in the case and the police had given an undertaking that it will supply them the copies on receiving it from the forensic lab.
"Therefore, so far as the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) result and mirror image (of electronic device/hard disk/mobile phone) are concerned, the same being with FSL and there is undertaking on behalf of prosecution to file with supplementary challan, there is no need on behalf of accused persons to demand here mirror image of hard disk etc. Before the sessions court," the court said.
The sessions court also rejected another plea of Kanda and Chaddha for directions to telecom service providers for preservation of call detail records (CDRs) pertaining to eight mobile phones.
The court said that copies of CDRs have already been supplied to the accused and there is no need for producing the original and the plea lacks material particulars as it does not mention the period of CDRs required to be preserved.
"No blanket order otherwise should be passed for preservation of CDRs with regard to mobile phones in question by the service provider for indefinite period affecting the right of privacy of the consumer of the service provider/ mobile user," it said.
Both Kanda and Chaddha are accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide. She was found dead at her Ashok Vihar residence in Delhi on August 5, last year.
In her suicide note, Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery