Kanda`s plea for documents in Geetika suicide case dismissed
New Delhi: Former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha`s plea for directions to the Delhi Police to file complete chargesheet in the air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case has been dismissed by a Delhi court.
District Judge SK Sarvaria said the accused had moved the trial court earlier with the same prayer for mirror images of electronic data and documents relied upon by prosecution in the case and the police had given an undertaking that it will supply them the copies on receiving it from the forensic lab.
"Therefore, so far as the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) result and mirror image (of electronic device/hard disk/mobile phone) are concerned, the same being with FSL and there is undertaking on behalf of prosecution to file with supplementary challan, there is no need on behalf of accused persons to demand here mirror image of hard disk etc. Before the sessions court," the court said.
The sessions court also rejected another plea of Kanda and Chaddha for directions to telecom service providers for preservation of call detail records (CDRs) pertaining to eight mobile phones.
The court said that copies of CDRs have already been supplied to the accused and there is no need for producing the original and the plea lacks material particulars as it does not mention the period of CDRs required to be preserved.
"No blanket order otherwise should be passed for preservation of CDRs with regard to mobile phones in question by the service provider for indefinite period affecting the right of privacy of the consumer of the service provider/ mobile user," it said.
Both Kanda and Chaddha are accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide. She was found dead at her Ashok Vihar residence in Delhi on August 5, last year.
In her suicide note, Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India