Karnal shelter home inmates allege sexual abuse
Karnal: Allegations of sexual and physical abuse have surfaced at yet another shelter home in Karnal, also called as Apna Ghar.
It has now been closed and the inmates have been shifted to another shelter house. Police have registered a case against Monica Das, who runs the shelter.
The incident came to light when the inmates complained that they were being ill-treated by the manager. When the authorities investigated, abuse marks were found on the bodies of two inmates. Medical examination of the children has been done and the report has been submitted to police.
Incidentally, three girl inmates of the shelter home had complained of abuse last year. However, no action was taken then and the inmates were shifted to another shelter home.
The allegations come days after the inmates of another Apna Ghar shelter home in Rohtak revealed that they were being sexually and physically abused.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers