Karnal shelter home inmates allege sexual abuse
Karnal: Allegations of sexual and physical abuse have surfaced at yet another shelter home in Karnal, also called as Apna Ghar.
It has now been closed and the inmates have been shifted to another shelter house. Police have registered a case against Monica Das, who runs the shelter.
The incident came to light when the inmates complained that they were being ill-treated by the manager. When the authorities investigated, abuse marks were found on the bodies of two inmates. Medical examination of the children has been done and the report has been submitted to police.
Incidentally, three girl inmates of the shelter home had complained of abuse last year. However, no action was taken then and the inmates were shifted to another shelter home.
The allegations come days after the inmates of another Apna Ghar shelter home in Rohtak revealed that they were being sexually and physically abused.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing