Khap leaders meet to decide on quota strategy
Hisar: After the unsuccessful talks between
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Jat leaders in Delhi, Khap (caste council) leaders would now meet at Jind in Haryana Monday to decide the further course of action to demand OBC status and quota for the community in goverment jobs.
Meanwhile, pro-quota indefinite dharna near railway track
in Ramayan village entered its eighth day today disrupting
traffic on Hisar-Bhiwani route even as the indefinite fast by
four Jat activists entered the fifth day amid indications that
Jats may intensify the agitation from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31