Khap leaders meet to decide on quota strategy
Hisar: After the unsuccessful talks between
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Jat leaders in Delhi, Khap (caste council) leaders would now meet at Jind in Haryana Monday to decide the further course of action to demand OBC status and quota for the community in goverment jobs.
Meanwhile, pro-quota indefinite dharna near railway track
in Ramayan village entered its eighth day today disrupting
traffic on Hisar-Bhiwani route even as the indefinite fast by
four Jat activists entered the fifth day amid indications that
Jats may intensify the agitation from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi