Khap Panchayat has no role in honour killings: Hooda
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
today termed honour killings as a "social evil" but said Khap
Panchayats (caste council) have no role to play in these
Hooda expressed his view before a group of ministers on
honour killing which met here this evening.
Briefing reporters about the deliberations in the GOM,
Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said
"Hooda terms honour killing as a `social evil` but said Khaps
had no role in it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok