Khap Panchayat has no role in honour killings: Hooda
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
today termed honour killings as a "social evil" but said Khap
Panchayats (caste council) have no role to play in these
Hooda expressed his view before a group of ministers on
honour killing which met here this evening.
Briefing reporters about the deliberations in the GOM,
Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said
"Hooda terms honour killing as a `social evil` but said Khaps
had no role in it."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living