Khap Panchayat has no role in honour killings: Hooda
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
today termed honour killings as a "social evil" but said Khap
Panchayats (caste council) have no role to play in these
Hooda expressed his view before a group of ministers on
honour killing which met here this evening.
Briefing reporters about the deliberations in the GOM,
Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said
"Hooda terms honour killing as a `social evil` but said Khaps
had no role in it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4
- Flood situation worsens in Assam; Uttarakhand experiences intermittent rain
- Katrina Kaif JOKES about her actual thought behind 'Kala Chashma'—READ inside!
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram