Khap Panchayat has no role in honour killings: Hooda
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
today termed honour killings as a "social evil" but said Khap
Panchayats (caste council) have no role to play in these
Hooda expressed his view before a group of ministers on
honour killing which met here this evening.
Briefing reporters about the deliberations in the GOM,
Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said
"Hooda terms honour killing as a `social evil` but said Khaps
had no role in it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed