Khap Panchayat has no role in honour killings: Hooda
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
today termed honour killings as a "social evil" but said Khap
Panchayats (caste council) have no role to play in these
Hooda expressed his view before a group of ministers on
honour killing which met here this evening.
Briefing reporters about the deliberations in the GOM,
Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said
"Hooda terms honour killing as a `social evil` but said Khaps
had no role in it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered