Khap panchayat to hold de-addiction drive, invite youths
Jind: Khap panchayats may be in news for wrong reasons for their diktats but a self-styled caste council here has invited youths to participate in a mahapanchayat to discuss the menace of drug abuse and ways to curb it.
The `Barah khap’ of 17 villages will organise the mahapanchayat on Sunday at Kharkamajri village here.
"The mahapanchayat will be on drug addiction issue and youths from all the 17 villages have been specially invited for this," said Barah khap head Kuldeep Singh Dhanda.
"In the panchayat, both our leaders and the youth will deliberate upon how to curb the menace of drug addiction in the region," he said, adding all important members of the council have been asked to ensure that maximum number of youths from their respective villages are present.
Dhanda said the khap panchayat is likely to constitute special teams, which will visit each of the 17 villages at least once in a week to interact with youths about the implications of drug abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren