Khap panchayat to hold de-addiction drive, invite youths
Jind: Khap panchayats may be in news for wrong reasons for their diktats but a self-styled caste council here has invited youths to participate in a mahapanchayat to discuss the menace of drug abuse and ways to curb it.
The `Barah khap’ of 17 villages will organise the mahapanchayat on Sunday at Kharkamajri village here.
"The mahapanchayat will be on drug addiction issue and youths from all the 17 villages have been specially invited for this," said Barah khap head Kuldeep Singh Dhanda.
"In the panchayat, both our leaders and the youth will deliberate upon how to curb the menace of drug addiction in the region," he said, adding all important members of the council have been asked to ensure that maximum number of youths from their respective villages are present.
Dhanda said the khap panchayat is likely to constitute special teams, which will visit each of the 17 villages at least once in a week to interact with youths about the implications of drug abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video