"Khap" screening stopped in Kurukshetra
Kurukshetra: Screening of `Khap` has been
stopped by the activists of the Jat community who had objected
to screening of the movie here in Glitz cinema.
Some posters of the film which were seen pasted on the
hoardings and walls in the city have been removed.
A police jeep with about six cops was parked outside the
cinema hall to meet any eventuality, although no incident took
place so far.
Santosh Dahiya, president of the women cell of All India
Jat Mahasabha and All India Jat Sangharsha Samiti, along with
some activists had gone to the cinema complex to thwart
screening of the film by pressuring the management to withhold
"We had gone to the cinema complex only to appeal to the
perspective viewers not to watch the controversial film which
could hurt the sentiments of the rural community, particularly
of the Jats, and we were successful in persuing the cinema
authorities also for withholding the screening of the film so
as to avoid any social tension in the region," Dahiya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown