Khaps threaten stir demanding job reservation for
Jind: The executive committee of Sarv Khap Jat Panchayat on Friday threatened to launch an agitation if the demand that community members be given reservation in government jobs is not met by December 15.
If the demand is not accepted by December 15, panchayats would be forced to start an agitation, a Khap spokesman said.
The first protest would be at Rohtak on December 16, he added.
Representatives of 32 different Khaps today participated in the meeting, presided over by panchayat leader Nafe Singh Nain.
The Mahapanchayat by a resolution demanded that Jats be given reservation in government jobs by December 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof