Khaps threaten stir demanding job reservation for
Jind: The executive committee of Sarv Khap Jat Panchayat on Friday threatened to launch an agitation if the demand that community members be given reservation in government jobs is not met by December 15.
If the demand is not accepted by December 15, panchayats would be forced to start an agitation, a Khap spokesman said.
The first protest would be at Rohtak on December 16, he added.
Representatives of 32 different Khaps today participated in the meeting, presided over by panchayat leader Nafe Singh Nain.
The Mahapanchayat by a resolution demanded that Jats be given reservation in government jobs by December 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars