Khaps threaten stir demanding job reservation for
Jind: The executive committee of Sarv Khap Jat Panchayat on Friday threatened to launch an agitation if the demand that community members be given reservation in government jobs is not met by December 15.
If the demand is not accepted by December 15, panchayats would be forced to start an agitation, a Khap spokesman said.
The first protest would be at Rohtak on December 16, he added.
Representatives of 32 different Khaps today participated in the meeting, presided over by panchayat leader Nafe Singh Nain.
The Mahapanchayat by a resolution demanded that Jats be given reservation in government jobs by December 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened