Khaps threaten stir demanding job reservation for
Jind: The executive committee of Sarv Khap Jat Panchayat on Friday threatened to launch an agitation if the demand that community members be given reservation in government jobs is not met by December 15.
If the demand is not accepted by December 15, panchayats would be forced to start an agitation, a Khap spokesman said.
The first protest would be at Rohtak on December 16, he added.
Representatives of 32 different Khaps today participated in the meeting, presided over by panchayat leader Nafe Singh Nain.
The Mahapanchayat by a resolution demanded that Jats be given reservation in government jobs by December 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them