Khemka questions police `failure` to nab caller
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who claimed to have got two threat calls within a fortnight, on Friday questioned the functioning of the state police over its alleged failure to nab the caller.
"The Panchkula ACP calls me and tells me that she will take my statement...I fail to understand why police is taking time to identify the caller...Police is wasting precious time...It is unprofessional on the part of police," the officer said over phone from Pataudi in Mewat district.
Khemka, who is in the news following the recent controversy over land deals involving Robert Vadra, has claimed to have received two threat calls.
On state Chief Secretary P K Chaudhery having called him following the threat complaint to Panckula Police, he said that "as long as police identify the caller and nab him and take a legal action against him it is fair enough."
"I don`t know why the CS has called me... But I will meet him either this evening or on Monday," he said.
He questioned why police is waiting when the matter was reported to it on October 30. "Are they waiting to let loose the man...Erase call details...It is not a big task to nab the caller when his number has been provided to police," he added.
On being questioned whether he will press for security cover in the wake of repeated threat calls to him, he said "I don`t think security cover will help in stopping such calls."
"The security cover is more like a paraphernalia...A kind of show," the 1991 batch IAS officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video