Khemka questions police `failure` to nab caller
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who claimed to have got two threat calls within a fortnight, on Friday questioned the functioning of the state police over its alleged failure to nab the caller.
"The Panchkula ACP calls me and tells me that she will take my statement...I fail to understand why police is taking time to identify the caller...Police is wasting precious time...It is unprofessional on the part of police," the officer said over phone from Pataudi in Mewat district.
Khemka, who is in the news following the recent controversy over land deals involving Robert Vadra, has claimed to have received two threat calls.
On state Chief Secretary P K Chaudhery having called him following the threat complaint to Panckula Police, he said that "as long as police identify the caller and nab him and take a legal action against him it is fair enough."
"I don`t know why the CS has called me... But I will meet him either this evening or on Monday," he said.
He questioned why police is waiting when the matter was reported to it on October 30. "Are they waiting to let loose the man...Erase call details...It is not a big task to nab the caller when his number has been provided to police," he added.
On being questioned whether he will press for security cover in the wake of repeated threat calls to him, he said "I don`t think security cover will help in stopping such calls."
"The security cover is more like a paraphernalia...A kind of show," the 1991 batch IAS officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea