Khemka questions police `failure` to nab caller
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who claimed to have got two threat calls within a fortnight, on Friday questioned the functioning of the state police over its alleged failure to nab the caller.
"The Panchkula ACP calls me and tells me that she will take my statement...I fail to understand why police is taking time to identify the caller...Police is wasting precious time...It is unprofessional on the part of police," the officer said over phone from Pataudi in Mewat district.
Khemka, who is in the news following the recent controversy over land deals involving Robert Vadra, has claimed to have received two threat calls.
On state Chief Secretary P K Chaudhery having called him following the threat complaint to Panckula Police, he said that "as long as police identify the caller and nab him and take a legal action against him it is fair enough."
"I don`t know why the CS has called me... But I will meet him either this evening or on Monday," he said.
He questioned why police is waiting when the matter was reported to it on October 30. "Are they waiting to let loose the man...Erase call details...It is not a big task to nab the caller when his number has been provided to police," he added.
On being questioned whether he will press for security cover in the wake of repeated threat calls to him, he said "I don`t think security cover will help in stopping such calls."
"The security cover is more like a paraphernalia...A kind of show," the 1991 batch IAS officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents