Khemka takes on Har govt, slams it for setting up committee
Chandigarh: Locking horns with the Haryana government, senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka Monday said there was no need to set up a committee after he cancelled the sale of over three acres of land to realty major DLF following a deal with businessman Robert Vadra.
Khema, who kicked up a political storm three weeks ago alleging irregularities in Vadra-DLF land deals, also said there was no need of security that was provided to him and he wanted a fair and quick probe into threats received by him.
The 1991 batch IAS officer met Haryana Chief Secretary PK Chaudhery, who had called him for a meeting in the wake of threat calls, in his office here.
After meeting Chaudhery, who is also President of the State IAS Officers` Association, Khemka said "there is nothing for media that I can disclose. The communication is privileged."
The IAS officer faced a volley of questions from media persons including one related to the arrest of a person last week who had allegedly made one of the threat calls to some employees.
Asked if the probe into alleged irregularities relating to Robert Vadra-DLF land deals was heading into the right direction especially after the constitution of the committee, Khema said "I have not got any notice (regarding setting up of the committee)."
"Neither they (the committee members) have called me nor I am aware of the probe they have been conducting," he said.
Khema, who had been transferred to another department, said he felt there was no need to set up the committee in the first instance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!