Khemka’s office gets threat calls, lodges FIR
Chandigarh: Under fire for ordering a probe against Congress chief Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra’s alleged land deals, Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka’s office on Thursday received threat calls after which it lodged a formal police complaint.
As per reports, the threatening call was attended by a female staff in Khemka’s office, who later reported the matter to her seniors.
According to the female attendant, the caller threatened Khemka of dire consequences and asked him to keep quit.
Later, the chief manager of Haryana Seeds Corporation lodged a formal complaint in this regard.
The police has begun its investigation and trying to trace the caller.
This is not the first time that Khemka has recived threat calls. He had earlier alleged that his family was being threatened by some unidentified men and his life was in danger.
One of Khemka’s close friend also alleged that he has allegedly received anonymous calls informing him that `supari` has been paid for his murder.
Khemka was transferred out as director general of Land Consolidation and Land Records-cum-inspector general of Registration on October 11, days after ordering a probe into the land deals between Robert Vadra and DLF in Haryana.
He cancelled the mutation of the land sale by M/s Sky Light Hospitality, a company owned by Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday (October 15), his last day in that office.
Vadra’s company, which bought the controversial land on the Manesar-Gurgaon road in February 2008 and got a housing colony licence for it from the Haryana government just a month later (in March), later entered into a sale deed with realty giant DLF to sell it for an amount of Rs 58 crore.
Vadra’s company got the Rs 58 crore from DLF in instalments between June 2008 and July 2012. Khemka has been transferred nearly 40 times in his 21-year career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar