Kuldeep Bishnoi to face seven namesakes in Hisar
Chandigarh: Haryana Janhit Congress (BL) president Kuldeep Bishnoi will be facing seven other namesakes during the April 10 polling for the Hisar Lok Sabha constituency in Haryana.
Besides Kuldeep, who is the sitting MP, there are seven other persons by the name of Kuldeep who were left in the fray at the close of deadline of withdrawal of nomination papers at Hisar today. Kuldeep will be facing a total of 41 candidates.
One Kuldeep has been put up by Bhartiya Mukti Party while the other six Kuldeeps are Independents.
During the by-election to the Hisar Lok Sabha seat in 2011 Kuldeep had faced four other namesakes.
The total number of opponents has also increased by one this time as he will be facing 40 others against 39 about three years back.
In all 41 candidates were left in the fray for the Hisar Lok Sabha seat after three candidates - Chander Prakash (Sarvjan Samaj Party), Raj Kamal and Surender (both Independents) - withdrew their nomination, District Returning Officer M L Kaushik said.
The other main opponents of Kuldeep Bishnoi now include Dushyant Chautala (INLD), grandson of party Chief Om Parkash Chautala, Sampat Singh (INC), Phool Singh (CPM), Mange Ram (BSP) and a former IAS officer Yudhvir Singh Khyalia (AAP).
In 2011, Kuldeep had defeated his nearest rival and Dushyant`s father Ajay Chautala, who is presently lodged in Tihar Jail in connection with the JBT Teachers` scam, by 6,335 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video