Kuldeep Bishnoi welcomes jail term for Chautala
New Delhi: Haryana Janhit Congress chief Kuldeep Bishnoi on Tuesday welcomed a Delhi court`s verdict of awarding a 10-year jail term to former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala and others in connection with the JBT teacher recruitment case.
“I welcome the decision given by the court. It is a historical decision. It will impact on the future politics of the country,” Bishnoi said.
“After this, any politician will think ten times before doing corruption,” he added.
Earlier on Tuesday, a Delhi court sentenced Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay to ten years imprisonment in connection with the illegal recruitment of Junior Basic Trained (JBT) teachers.
The court has also barred the father and son duo from taking part or contesting elections.
IAS officers Sanjiv Kumar and Vidya Dhar, the other co-accused, have also been given jail sentences of ten years each by the court.
Chautala, his son Ajay and 53 others were convicted by a Delhi court for illegal hiring of over 3,000 teachers in the teachers recruitment scam.
The teachers were recruited in 1999-2000 during Chautala`s tenure. The CBI filed its first chargesheet in 2006.
It was alleged that Rs three to four lakhs were paid as bribe for selection of each of the 3,032 candidates.
Just after the sentence was pronounced, thousands of supporters of Chautalas gathered outside the Rohini court, clashed with policemen.
Police tried to disperse the slogan shouting crowds, and also closed the main gates of the premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins