Land acquisition policy can be amended: Hooda
Chandigarh: Facing criticism over
acquisition of farmland for projects, Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Monday that the states land acquisition
policy could be further amended.
"There is always a scope for improvement and this policy
has already been amended a couple of times", he told reporters
here at the end of the state cabinet meeting.
He claimed the land acquisition policy of the state
government was the best but can be amended to further improve
"The policies of Haryana government are pro-farmer", he
"The state government is open to any suggestion and the
Congress government in the state is not in favour of making
development by annoying the common people", he said.
Hooda`s cabinet colleague Ajay Singh Yadav and Union
Minister Selja have in recent past urged Hooda not to acquire
fertile land of farmers in Rewari and Ambala districts for
Main opposition INLD has also been targeting Hooda on land
acquisition by the state agencies in different parts of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city